No. of Recommendations: 2
Quill,

You're a patient trader. I'm not. Got in at the opening at 15.74. It's now trading a couple cents above that. So my entry was correct (from a short-term perspective).

Now comes a rant. I submitted the order at 9:18 (15.74 limit) when the bid/ask was 73x74 (up from an earlier 72x73)and should have gotten an immediate fill. But --apparently-- Schwab won't execute pre-market and filled me at 9:30. I've run into the same problem at IB. I can trade futures pre-market. But they won't execute stocks for me pre-market, even though there is active quoting and trades are being posted. And I really hate Schwab's SmartEdge platform compared with the simplicity and directness of IB's Trader Workstation. I'm going to grab some breakfast and then see what kinds of platforms Fido and ET offer in terms of being able to trade off of auto-refreshing tick charts.

Cuss. SLV has backed off as the broad market has recovered and tagged yesterday's close. I should have anticipated that and had a resting buy stop in place. Oh, well. It's time to get a fire going in the wood stove and to grab some breakfast. The position is on, which was my goal. Now comes the waiting.

Arindam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.