No. of Recommendations: 1
Quill,

You're the far better trader than me. You saw another $0.31 was possible, and that is what is happening with ARLP.

Me? I pulled the position, because I didn't want to lose the gains I had made, and because I hadn't put on the position correctly. The proper entry date was Feb 27, whereas I got in Mar 6. That's inexcusably late. I knew better. But I hadn't done the technical work I should have, because I was so sure I could front-run the fools who would read the article and then pile in on the stock.

That proved to be true. But it's not the sort of investing/trading I want to do. So I took a fat profit (~350% annualized) and got out.

One happy result from the experiment is that it gave me a chance to see what sort of broker Schwab is. I got in on a limit order, out on a market order, and received price improvement both times. Given that I can trade with them commish-free, I'll start running more orders there when my intended holding-period is long-term (i.e., anything more than 2 minutes).

Arindam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.