No. of Recommendations: 0
Quill,

Your rule to "Wait One Bar" is sound advice. It's prudent, conservative, and would avoid false breakouts. However --always that distasteful qualification-- I don't want to waiting around overnight to make my moves.

While I was eating breakfast --I'm West coast and 3 hours behind you-- SLV tagged an intra-day low at 10:55 AM EST that I should have anticipated. Hence, I need to choreograph the market's customary daily moves and create a spreadsheet for specifying entry/exit numbers for my limit orders.

I'm really hating Schwab's platform (for analysis) and really liking BarChart's even more. If your same chart layout is used with 2-minute bars, then your 'Wait One' rule nails the moves exactly and not too fast to be manageable.

I didn't intend to launch a day-trading campaign. I just wanted to do some EOD stuff as practice while waiting for the coming crash. But I'm discovering I don't like waiting around to place trades. I want to to be in and out in 20-30 minutes and park the money.

SLV is plenty liquid. DSLV isn't. Looks like I'm going to be exploring how easy it is to sell short through Schwab.

Arindam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.