Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

Yes, water hoarders, duck maimers, valley dudes, Cheeze-heads, and Evil Inland Empire imperials are welcome to come to Engine Co. 28 on Tuesday, March 28, and there is a very strong possibility that a magnum of champagne will be circulated for the occasion. If one of the fund managers gets enough space on their Visa by then, we will have a glass of champagne available for all present between 6:30 and 7:00. And at 7 pm, we will probably even have a now-famous Simultini with other Fools across the country.

Spend 28@28. Try to post your interest to this board, or email me.

laopera
Print the post Back To Top
laopera writes:
<<<
Yes, water hoarders, duck maimers, valley dudes, Cheeze-heads, and Evil Inland Empire imperials are welcome to come to Engine Co. 28 on Tuesday, March 28, and there is a very strong possibility that a magnum of champagne will be circulated for the occasion. If one of the fund managers gets enough space on their Visa by then, we will have a glass of champagne available for all present between 6:30 and 7:00. And at 7 pm, we will probably even have a now-famous Simultini with other Fools across the country.
>>>

If all means everyone, even me, I'd like to throw my RSVP into the ring and indicate that I will attend. I might even be persuaded to bring some Fool plastic, as long as nobody minds if it comes in the shape of a balloon.

Cheeze :-)

If all means everyone, even me, I'd like to throw my RSVP into the ring and indicate that I will attend. I might even be persuaded to bring some Fool plastic, as long as nobody minds if it comes in the shape of a balloon.

All right, Cheeze, that will leave you and I to work on a magnum of champagne. So far, that sounds very promising. And you can bring the balloons so long as you do not inflate them.

jeanpaulopera
Spend 28@28. Try to post your interest to this board, or email me.

Count me in as a very possible maybe. :-)

~Zillah

I'm planning on attending, too, since my latest foray into LA County yesterday reminded me why I go up there. :)

Cassandra
No. of Recommendations: 2

Count me in as a very possible maybe. :-)

No problem, Zillah--there will be a champagne flute all ready for you unless and until you just say no to the shifty demons of 28 next Tuesday the 28th.

We may also have an opening for a new AnejoPort portfolio manager. We have about $1800 in cash to manage for the next quarter, and may even have a full $2000 by next Tuesday the 28th. Any Angeleno who doesn't live on the west side is qualified to manage it. So tell me--do you live on the west side?

jps
No problem, Zillah--there will be a champagne flute all ready for you unless and until you just say no to the shifty demons of 28 next Tuesday the 28th.

Wonderful! Oooo, "shifty demons"? Cool.

So tell me--do you live on the west side?

You're just not gonna let that go, are you? ;-)

~Zillah

I LIVE ON THE WESTSIDE, you no it baby.
Still Loving You - poprock
No. of Recommendations: 1

I LIVE ON THE WESTSIDE, you no it baby.
Still Loving You - poprock

I guess I do now. Poprock, will we see you on the 28th @ 28?

Can you drink from a glass yet?

jeanpaulsartre
yo jbc! hey bro what happening. no i can't make the 28@28 thing but remember me when you are their. me drink from a glass, yea in 7 years, but who says i haven't started early? hey i like you, you're a fav fool of mine.
Still Loving You - pops
No. of Recommendations: 3
We may also have an opening for a new AnejoPort portfolio manager.

Oh yes, Zillah, please please please take over my place! I'm having a hell of a time keeping up with the dues payments for this SoCal membership (it takes a lot of dough to finance the LByYM lifestyles of those Supreme Allied Co-Commanders, dontcha know), and I figure I'm only a few weeks away from them sending thugs (or worse yet, Hartounian) out after me. So do be a dear and fill in for me, wontcha? It would be a load off my mind. And wallet. And kneecaps.

Laura
Oh yes, Zillah, please please please take over my place! I'm having a hell of a time keeping up with the dues payments for this SoCal membership (it takes a lot of dough to finance the LByYM lifestyles of those Supreme Allied Co-Commanders, dontcha know), and I figure I'm only a few weeks away from them sending thugs (or worse yet, Hartounian) out after me. So do be a dear and fill in for me, wontcha? It would be a load off my mind. And wallet. And kneecaps.

Oh my. I don't know what this involves or if I'm ready for this, but I'll do my best, Laura.

(No thugs, okay guys?)

~Zillah

Oh my. I don't know what this involves or if I'm ready for this, but I'll do my best, Laura.

We have about $3850 of cash in the account right now. I forgot we closed Our Fine Tanker Stock position. Zillah, if you'd like to look for a stock, it's a good time.

The VC port has given up almost half its profits in the past week, so we are still running very strong with our 15% gains this quarter. I have the VC port at about 39.5% up on the year. I haven't caught all the transactions of the IcedTeaPort and the ThymeofSandsPort, but I am under the impression that they are experiencing single-digit gains on the year. If arbela spends another weekend next quarter doing his own research, we could be right there with the VC Port by the midway point.

Dare I say it: CU Next Tuesday--the 28th @ 28. It looks like we'll be doing a simultini with Fools in Ann Arbor.

deSilentio
Dare I say it: CU Next Tuesday--the 28th @ 28.

Yes -- you may change my very possible maybe to a definite yes. I'll be there. (And maybe you can explain all this port manager stuff to me then.)

It looks like we'll be doing a simultini with Fools in Ann Arbor.

Oh good! Maybe an Indiana Fool will join in, too. :-)

~Zillah