Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"All right... (writes script) See me in one month."

I had a similar run-in with a nurse practitioner. (not even a full doc!) It was crazy, she was changing medicines almost every month. Found one that seemed to help, and she'd change it. First I was depressed, then I was manic and should commit myself, and then I was ADHD. Sheesh.

She'd only write scripts for a month so I had to keep coming back each month, so I can't do the mail-order pharmacy option. Each visit counts the same whether it's for meds or for talk therapy, with the same co-pay.

Instead, I found someone who doesn't take ANY insurance, but I pay once every other month for a combination meds-talk visit. I've since found out that the meds make life easier, but they aren't required to function. Changing my life has been the best treatment.

- Lan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.