No. of Recommendations: 1
"All things are relative; to the lobsters in the kitchen the sinking of the Titanic was a miracle. "

Those lobsters probably wound up very dead as the Titanic sunk to many thousands of feet of water...that likely instantly killed the lobsters....and even if they survived, probably died from lack of their normal food shortly thereafter.

Not a whole lot of light below 300 feet and the Titanic sunk to 12,500 feet.

Those lobsters didn't have a chance. Lobsters are bottom feeders.

Way to turn an amusing antidote into ... Well, never mind.

Lobsters can 'swim' (backwards by flapping their tails) although I don't know how far they'd be able to swim.

Also since they don't have 'minds' in the sense that we do they probably wouldn't know a miracle from a musical.

Since water dwelling lobsters in captivity are effectively trapped in pots or sinks there probably were no tops to their containers. So theoretically there were no tops on the containers they were kept in abroad the Titanic. Hence their ability to escape as the kitchens filled with sea water.

So theoretically the lobsters could escape the sinking ship during the time it took for the Titanic to sink below 1,570 feet. But why would they know there was was a need to do so or which way to go I don't know.

So theoretically their gooses were cooked (as were the gooses of any gooses aboard). However, since I'm claiming a miracle here I'll further claim that the lobsters could have been led to safety by a bearded guy in white robes and sandals. ;-)

In any case it's been a fun exercise in foolishness (small 'f').

-----------------

The American lobster thrives in cold, shallow waters where there are many rocks and other places to hide from predators. It typically lives at a depth of 4–50 m (13–164 ft), but can be found up to 480 m (1,570 ft) below the surface.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_lobster#Ecology
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.