Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 7
...but some vaccines are more equal than others!"

I borrowed that line from Animal Farm. When Dr Fauci and others kept telling us to just take any vaccine I was skeptical. For one thing, my background in science taught me that nothing is either 0 or 100%, so that simply couldn't be true when it comes to the effectiveness of a treatment.

I just read this wonderful article on the subject.

There’s a problem here. It’s certainly true that all three of the FDA-authorized vaccines are very good—amazing, even—at protecting people’s health. No one should refrain from seeking vaccination on the theory that any might be second-rate. But it’s also true that the COVID-19 vaccines aren’t all the same: Some are more effective than others at preventing illness, for example; some cause fewer adverse reactions; some are more convenient; some were made using more familiar methods and technologies. As for the claim that the vaccines have proved perfectly and equally effective at preventing hospitalization and death? It’s just not right.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/03/pfizer-mo...

The article goes on to present data comparing the vaccines. And it reminds us that it's not a good idea to lie to the public (unless you're leading a cult).
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.