Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Ammo is suited for hoarding, if stored properly it can last for 50 years or more. Reloading components might be good for even longer"

I posted this a long while back. About 20 years ago, we were house hunting in anticipation of a job move to another state. We looked at an older ranch house, owned by a very old guy who could clearly not manage it any more. It needed some work, as they say. The house had a very big garage; It had enough room for 2 very large cars/pickups and lots of additional storage. I kid you not, we went in there and both sides where the cars would fit, were filled from floor to ceiling with unopened shotgun shell boxes. I'm only guessing that there were hundreds of the boxes neatly stacked in there.

I was thinking to myself as we walked through that if, God forbid, there was a fire, that house would have been blown up to kingdom come. I momentarily considered making the fire dept aware as a safety measure, but didn't want to have a family member come after me for reporting the guy. We didn't buy the house.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.