Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"analog-to-digital cable"

Just my .02¢ is I will not purchase digital cable but keep my analog for the following reasons.

Decoder must be included with TV set.
"Cable Ready" I will not rent a box period.
Time delay between channel to channel must be as fast as my analog remote.
Friends have gone back to the analog signal because digital signal keeps going out. I notice this problem that has not been solved yet in our area.
Where is the lower cost of cable as promised over the years?
Why am I still seeing commercials?

I my book as long as the trend in cost is up, the cost of renting and paying higher fees for digital over analog, than the the cable companies can keep the digital boxes.

I do not buy the sales pitch of more programs, I only watch one show at a time and these days more VCR rental movies. ( I would like to see the SFC but heck it only on the digital side.)

Wow, and I hold actually hold stock in a few of these companies.

Dennis

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.