Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
"Anecdotally, many are reporting feeling fine with blood sugar readings in the 30's and 40's. No sweats. No shakes. No dizziness.

When in ketosis, with limited carbohydrates, the primary source of glucose in the blood will be from the liver, via gluconeogenesis, produced as needed by the body. Simply because some functions of the body do require glucose as the fuel.

But the blood apparently no longer needs higher concentrations of it?"

Your in an area that I know nothing about. In my experience when my loved ones blood
sugars were in the 45 to 65 range, they were approaching diabetic coma levels. They
responded to questions - but were obviously not themselves - and not right.

As far as other diet approach folks, I would suggest talking to their own physicians
- but responding to a very low blood sugar is a critical area of diabetes. Waiting until
the event occurs to figure out an "action plan" is not a good approach in any event.

Howie52
My 2 cents.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.