Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Another month or two of posturing and idleness without paychecks may have to happen before serious progress.

Actually, I think JoeBell only predicted two more weeks of inactivity, but I think both of you are on the money (no pun intended). I don't know about the automotive industry, but the computer industry has gotten rather quickly to the point where we must all operate 'cost-effectively,' with regular attempts to limit wasteful 'costs' and enhance the 'revenue' we generate for the company. Getting paid a full days pay for six hours of work would not go over big at my job. And we have already farmed out some of the excess work we have on our schedules to consultants in Argentina because they can do it just as well and cheaper than consultants in New York.

A business does what it has to do to improve its bottom line. With the two week re-tooling period looming, I am beginning to think GM management has the upper hand ... which is, of course, a switch from my previous position, but that's what happens when people who actually know what's going on in the industry (such as JoeBell and MomAtHome) put their two cents in.

==> david
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.