Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Jewish quote from "ethics of the Fathers" about 2000 years ago:

"Rabbi Chanina, deputy to the kohanim, would say: Pray for the integrity of the government; for were it not for the fear of its authority, a man would swallow his neighbor alive."

ie. without police we have anarchy.

And everyone knows this but is afraid to call out this idiocy for fear of being called a racist.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 16
All these politicians who are jumping on the "defund the police" bandwagon, I just want to ask them "how many times last year did blacks in your community call the police for help, and why do you hate blacks so much that you want to deny them that help?"
No. of Recommendations: 3
I find that cry absurd, too. Oh, it's the politically correct thing now, I guess, but not here.

"Defund" them? No way. Better rules and training, maybe, and also fund additional people to help with confused or mentally disturbed people, but "defund police"? Sorry. Not going to be voted by me.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 11
The only defunding that should be done is to defund the ...politicians... at all levels beginning with Congress.
No. of Recommendations: 5
plus term limits.

...please, term limits
No. of Recommendations: 2
All these politicians who are jumping on the "defund the police" bandwagon, I just want to ask them...

Why do you have your own security detail?

All animals are created equal, some are more equal than others.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 1
I still see defund the police as a maneuver to go around the police unions who block disciplining bad officers.

It's a game of streets and alleys. Create a new law enforcement organization without a union, fund it as before, and hire the good officers to work for it. Leave the bad officers to find another job.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The only defunding that should be done is to defund the ...politicians... at all levels beginning with Congress.

It is your congress, which increased federal funding of Police (yeap, check it out) and militarized the force with grants of Tanks, and other military gear. It is your congress which funds "road to nowhere bridges" in Alaska to all favorite projects in Red states and it is your congress which doles out 100's of billions in subsidies to rural farmers and it is your congress which gives away 10's of billions to Israel....

If you want to defund that congress, you are welcome. But what you are indirectly saying is, you want to get rid of congress and enact "autocratic" rules in America.

No message can be so wrong on July 4th. The days are dark, we have a lunatic running the country but even in this hour of despair, my hope for the republic is strong.
Perhaps you hadn't noticed but this nutso Congress is also ...your...Congress too. None of them have shown any degree of excellence and we could have easily done better without any of these misfits.
None of them have shown any degree of excellence and we could have easily done better without any of these misfits.

I cannot disagree more. There will always be a gap between congress performance and our expectations, and that is healthy, in a democracy, citizens expecting more from their elected representatives, but painting with a broad brush they are misfits or dispensing them is inviting "autocracy". I cannot even imagine what Trump would have done without a congress to constraint him. I am sure there are many who feel the same way about other presidents before him.

I am sure you are a tiny majority. Americans still favor and prefer democracy over anything else.
No. of Recommendations: 4
we have a lunatic running the country but even in this hour of despair, my hope for the republic is strong. - Kingran

-----------------

Please quote or paraphrase one or two themes from Trumps speech at Mount Rushmore that you disagree with.
No. of Recommendations: 11
I am sure you are a tiny majority. Americans still favor and prefer democracy over anything else. - Kingran

---------------

I prefer the constitutional republic that we have had for 232 years. I hope we can hang on to it. The cancel culture would rather implement a totalitarian style society where dissenting opinions cannot be expressed.
"I am sure you are a tiny majority."

Everyone in American have an opinion...peacefully... I am sure that you don't have a clue, but that is just my opinion.
Please quote or paraphrase one or two themes from Trumps speech at Mount Rushmore that you disagree with

"American heroes defeated the Nazis, dethroned the fascists, toppled the communists, saved American values, upheld American principles and chased down the terrorists to the very ends of the earth, We are now in the process of defeating the radical left, the Marxists, the anarchists, the agitators, the looters, and people who in many instances have absolutely no clue what they are doing."

I strongly disagree. The ignorance of Trump and people who support that racist, ignorant utterings are not reflecting American values. Remember, he is a minority president, he didn't get elected by majority votes. Most Americans rejected him. Equating American citizens to Nazis is utterly ignorant. He is not even fit to be elected as "dog catcher". But American democracy and the institutions will survive him. Hopefully, he will become a warning that we take our democracy bit more seriously.
I prefer the constitutional republic that we have had for 232 years

A flawed constitution that deprived franchise to most of its citizens is what you want to hang on to. The republic was a very imperfect 232 years back and we made great progress. Anyone who wants to go back to those times is an ignorant fool.
Everyone in American have an opinion...peacefully... I am sure that you don't have a clue

Ha! your inability to accept differing views doesn't make them violent. Those who want to eliminate congress are violent anarchists.
No. of Recommendations: 15
>>"American heroes defeated the Nazis, dethroned the fascists, toppled the communists...<<

Equating American citizens to Nazis is utterly ignorant. - Kingran

---------------

Trump was referring to the actual Nazis, defeated in WW2. I think you know that but choose to spin it otherwise. TDS does that people.

BTW, toppling the communists was a reference to the dissolution of the USSR.
Trump was referring to the actual Nazis, defeated in WW2

You are speaking about yourself. You clearly chose to read only part of what he said. Trump is equating Democrats as "Marxist, communist, & Nazi's" You know that and I know that.

It is a shame you continue to support such rhetoric. But hey I am not asking you to be perfect.
". Those who want to eliminate congress are violent anarchists."

You are funny. No one has said anything about eliminating Congress but ...you. No, defunding Congress like the NYPD was ..defunded by cutting a billion or two dollars from it would be a start.
Irony at work

One of the protesters (rioters and looters) on the closed Interstate in Seattle, closed by the idiot leadership there........was mowed down by a driver at 1:40am ....... and killed. Another was seriously injured....

and it turned out the driver was, gulp, black.

Big problem for BLM that splashed this news all over social media and the leftist broadcast news....

t
and it turned out the driver was, gulp, black

Why is this a problem to BLM?
"Why is this a problem to BLM?"

This was a BLM sponsored Interstate blockade.....

t.
No. of Recommendations: 2
>>and it turned out the driver was, gulp, black<<

Why is this a problem to BLM? - Kingran

-----------------

More of a disappointment than a problem.
One of the protesters (rioters and looters) on the closed Interstate in Seattle, closed by the idiot leadership there........was mowed down by a driver at 1:40am ....... and killed. Another was seriously injured....

and it turned out the driver was, gulp, black.

Big problem for BLM that splashed this news all over social media and the leftist broadcast news....

I'm sure that within a week, probably by tomorrow morning, that driver will have been retroactively hired into the Seattle Police Department.

According to the media anyway.
probably by tomorrow morning, that driver will have been retroactively hired into the Seattle

In the names of media, the conservatives spout utter nonsense.
This was a BLM sponsored Interstate blockade.....

SO?
" This was a BLM sponsored Interstate blockade.....

SO? "

A proof positive way of helping the residents of any major city or region, eh?
No. of Recommendations: 10
"No message can be so wrong on July 4th. The days are dark, we have a lunatic running the country but even in this hour of despair, my hope for the republic is strong. "

Now that's what you might call a severe case of CNN/MSNBC induced TDS. What's next....media hypnosis induced seizures in American living rooms.

But let's follow the progression following the 2016 election....

The book 'The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump' published in 2017 and edited by Bandy X. Lee, a forensic psychiatrist, contains essays from 27 psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health professionals describing the "clear and present danger" that US President Donald Trump's mental health poses to the "nation and individual well being". This, of course, tells the US Electoral College they are incapable and the constitution must be amended to give them final say on who the President will be. Such a narrative flopped about as hard as any stupidity can flop....although I do wonder what these 'mental health professionals' might say about Joe Biden. So on to....

The Russian collusion allegation that Trump is, in fact, a secret agent of the Kremlin. That long and expensive debacle flopped even harder. But not to be deterred....

IMPEACH!! I mean, the President asking a foreign leader to 'look into' the son of a US Vice President very lucrative dealings in a corrupt foreign energy company, is clearly one of the great criminal acts in this Nation's 240+ year history, making 'Big Al' Copone look like a petty thief. So in a flurry, with the exception of 3 House Representatives and 1 US Senator, for all the remaining 531 voting members of the US Congress voted right down party lines, making this a 99.3% pure political weaponization of the US Constitution.

In the meantime, the economy is briskly moving forward, unemployment is at an all time low, the Chinese are finally being stood up to by a sitting President, international trade deals are reworked to better benefit the US economy, while a new tax code increases the taxes paid by most of the uber-wealthy while extending tax breaks to small business and middle income American working families.

By this time, the President's favorable ratings are at an all time high and the left and its gnashing denizens look like a bunch of children standing in the corner after having thrown a temper-tantrum . But suddenly out of the far western sky comes SARS-CoV-2 virus that as chance would have it, combines with the midwest's George Floyd, swooping in to rescue the house Democrats, the beleaguered CNN and the hapless radical left mayors + blue city governors from their normal incompetence with a flash of hope that this time they can manipulate the hell out of these disastrous events, pin it all on the Trump administration and take control in November. I mean, nothing else has worked and its desperation time. So with Black Lives Matter as their mascot and Antefa as their color guard, the radical new left is as confident as it has been since the shadow of Alexandria Ocrazyo-Cortez darkened the House of Representatives.

It'll be interesting to see how the electorate acts on this series of events in November.

BruceM
Bruce....very well stated. Thanks for the crisp summary
"It'll be interesting to see how the electorate acts on this series of events in November."

The electorate has heard the cry "Wolf!!!!" quite frequently.
The polls indicate that either they are tired of the "call" or that they are tired of the callers.

Howie52
Now that's what you might call a severe case of CNN/MSNBC induced TDS

Or someone who is drinking Foxnews cool-aid has trouble seeing the world for what it is.

while a new tax code increases the taxes paid by most of the uber-wealthy while extending tax breaks to small business and middle income American working families.

Either you are fact-challenged or deliberately misrepresenting the facts.

By this time, the President's favorable ratings are at an all time high
Carnival barker never crossed 50... And he is a minority President, who never won the popular vote, never had true mandate...

So with Black Lives Matter as their mascot and Antefa as their color guard, the radical new left
For a long time, the right used to say Drugs are blacks' problems. Because true drug statistics are suppressed and then the "opioid crisis" burst open to show how serious drug problems are in deep-red states. The same goes for the blacks are the violent campaign that is being conducted. If Red states share the statistics on crime, then we will know the truth.

Black lives matter is a genuine campaign, where a section of our citizens is treated differently. See what Lindsey Graham has to say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epA2lktniZg

Now you have a racist-in-chief making racist remarks every day, while you are supporting him and complaining others are radical is the ultimate irony.

For all those "patriots" America has one flag, celebrating any other flag is the most unpatriotic thing. The racist-in-chief starts with that, and yet complains someone kneeling is unpatriotic. You can go on, and on...

Hopefully, Trump will be history come December and History will treat this as an aberration and relegate Trump to the trash bin.
and you are hooking your star on a senile "dog faced pony soldier" FUTURE CANDIDATE WHO SPENT THE LAST THRE MONTHS HIDING IN HIS BASEMENT?
you are hooking your star on a senile "dog faced pony soldier"

Former President FDR says "The Presidency is not merely an administrative office. That’s the least of it. It is more than an engineering job, efficient or inefficient. It is pre-eminently a place of moral leadership. All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified."

The current occupant has no moral's, no thought leadership, a person who hardly thinks before talking, a very divisive, racist person. So anyone is better qualified than him.

On senile, it is the Irony the supporters of "Covfefe" are talking about this. Few weeks back people here, had faux outrage on "Trump being Fat". Where is that moral police?