Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Helping a child with a significant gift for purchasing a home. Well above the gift limits. From discussions on this board, it seems that can be worked around by filing form 706, essentially an early inheritance. But OMG, what a form that is!!! It also seems you have to list everything in your estate as if you have died. Which, I haven't. Is this the right form?

Am I reading too much into this? Is there a quick and easy part to fill out in this behemoth of a form?

Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.