Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"Eventually, the price comes down on everything."

Well first off that's not absolutely true and even when it is it's to a degree. Your $50 threshold would require free parts and labor (grass, gas, or piece of...no body rides for free). Seriously as a EE who prices out related components regularly I can tell you that it's not going from $275 to even close to <$50 (not without someone subsadizing it & even then it's to make up for it by other angle). Yea, a used one obsolete by later standards might be found in 10 years on fleabay for a song but that's not relevant here & now to investors (even that used one was paid for at full price in 2011 dollars - cha ching).

"I can wait."

As was already said you'll have to...barring a sugar daddy.

"A work Blackberry (that I don't have to pay for) gives me evrything I need until the Ipad price comes down."

And if you had to pay for it that too would be more that $50 so what's the point of this comparison? No one cares if *you* buy one - you're commenting on the cost and creating threasholds untenable for any such unsubsadized product.

"So - if I don't have to pay, that's the best deal ever!"

True but irrelvant (your company will pay in full and it's a good bet they expect at least that $500+ back out of your hide ;-).
B
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.