Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I am not a fan of greens based salads and tend to concentrate on what are normally considered the stuff you add to the greens in a salad. I refer to this as a Fixins Salad.

You can put just about anything you want in this, but this is one of my faves. You will notice that although I call it Mediterranean style, there are no olives in here, because I hate olives. DH adds them to his, which is one of the beauties to this bowl by bowl approach. Chop the following to desired size and volume that you like. The tomatoes were sun warm, basil, parsley and nasturtium flowers from my herb garden. This is a salad that does fabulously with Good Seasons Italian, or more specifically the Kroger brand thereof which is insanely cheaper but just as good.

red onions
celery
cucumber
avocado
tomato
sundried tomato
capers
basil
parsley
nasturtium flowers
canned tuna/salmon
freshly ground black pepper

Chop and put in a bowl. Add dressing early and mix often. Letting this marinate for a while helps to temper the onions, which I personally use a lot of.

Mix and match, delete and add. We often take something like this on a hike as it travels well, (minus the nasturtiums.) Freshly grated parmesan is a nice addition but in small amounts or it will overwhelm.

Most of all, enjoy this quick to make, super filling and delicious meal.

IP,
who would be happy to never buy lettuce
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.