Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
"GB:"For me, I still like getting outside and doing my own yard work."

I'd come home from work.....when it's 100F outside.....and have to go behind the smelly gas lawn mower for 20-30 minutes, then 'edge' the lawn, and sweep grass clippings off the sidewalk......

no thanks

I went to the air conditioned gym at lunch hour at work. No gas fumes. No 100F heat. Wasn't fun cutting grass in TX and at times it can be 110F. Heat index 115.

Today was 98F. Heat index 105. Stayed inside today most of day. ran out for dinner.

t. "

You have the option of picking the time when you cut grass. We had a beaut of a day
today - and I got the grass mowed between 9:30 and 10:30 AM - before the temps
got up above 85. I find out more about the yard and trees and such by mowing - and also
get to see bugs, frogs, toads, salamanders, snakes and such things in the yard.

Fun to do the stuff for the most part as I can do the work when I choose - stop and
talk to folks walking or riding by - talk to the neighbors - wave at folks driving by.
Get a chance to meet the dogs being walked through the neighborhood. Can watch the birds
- listen to the birds - annoy the squirrels by being in the yard and making it a little
more difficult for them to get to the bird feeders.

All great fun.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.