Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
"GM is in high 30s temporary as they take additional shipping expense to bring more bikes from Taiwan for Christmas :). I‘d count low 40 as normal GM (at least for now) and subs GM should trend to 60s. If we take mid/long term approach GM would be going up as subs revs will become bigger piece of the cake."

Hi LearningInvest0r, you illustrate why I called this "a red flag to watch". The FULL fiscal year guidance is low 40s and there are still 3 more quarters (this was just the first quarter). If this quarter's GM is lower for one-time reasons that is actually worse. It means they expect NO improvement over the next 9 months! Part of my investing thesis is that they will grow subscriptions, which are higher margin, and the GM will improve at both the subscription segment and as a percent of the total GM. If they are growing above 100% overall and much much more than that in the subscription area, then why wouldn't they expect much better operating leverage? Even if they are sandbagging this is a big problem to me. Please poke holes in this thinking if you can.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.