Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know where - it was either on aloof-dot-com, clueless-dot-com, bubble-dweller-dot-com, or Nationalnanny dot-com or on-campus-results-dont-matter dot com but I had written months ago how sales of Starbucks coffee were up as part of the so-called stimulus. Of course, the reply wasn't "hmmm, coffee is the immediate need of the middle class? Priorities off?" It was "Go Baristas!!!" and it's stuff like this that makes the most backward rube MAGA rally attendee appear to be Einstein at times.

Well, we all know Starbucks is founded by, run by, patronized by the most Right Wing MAGA-ites right? LOL ok.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/18/business/economy/starbuck...

""As Starbucks Workers Seek a Union, Company Officials Converge on Stores
A push in the Buffalo area could produce the first union at company-owned stores in the U.S. But backers say moves by management are having a chilling effect.""

"..... never encountered a change that the company made after workers at her store and two other Buffalo-area locations filed for a union election in late August: two additional “support managers” from out of state, who often work on the floor with the baristas and who, according to Ms. Eisen, have created unease."

“For a lot of newer baristas, it’s an imposing force,” Ms. Eisen said. “It is not an easy job. It should not be complicated further by feeling like you’re having everything you’re doing or saying watched and listened to.”

Hmmmmm..... wait. I can't just take out my template and yell "$15 an hour!!!!!". And wait..... this has nothing to do with me being jealous, and wanting to take other people's property. So naaaaaaahhh.....from Aloof Inc, I'm not gonna say much about it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.