Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"HI,
I AM READING ALL OF THIS AND HAVE QUESTIONS. I HAVE JUST RETIRED. WE HAVE STOCKS, 401K, SMALL ANNUITY = ABOUT $170000. WE OWE MUCH: HOUSE, CARS, CREDIT CARD DEBT. I USUALLY WAIT FOR STOCK MARKET TO GO UP AND WITHDRAW SMALL AMOUNT TO HELP PAY FOR CC DEBT. I AM LOOKING FOR A VEHICLE TO INVEST MY 401K. I WAS GOING TO INCREASE MY ANNUITY. HOWEVER, I CANNOT WAIT TO ANNUITIZE. I NEED AS MUCH AS I CAN GET NOW! THEREFORE, I THINK ANOTHER ANNUITY IS NOT FOR ME BECAUSE OF FEES INVOLVED.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INSIGHT AS TO WHERE TO INVEST?
I AM NOT AFRAID OF THE STOCK MARKET. BUT I AM NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH WITHDRAWAL RULES.I DO BELIEVE I CAN DO BETTER WITH THE STOCK MARKET THAN WITH AN ANNUITY THAT GUARANTEES 4% IF I WAIT TO ANNUITIZE.

ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. "

Spend a whole lot less

Pay off all your debt, chop up your credit cards, downsize your house, and get a part time job.

You seem to be in terrible financial shape.

Roll over your 401K to Vanguard or Fidelity, pout 50% in stocks and 50% in US and international bonds, and don't touch it till you get to 66. don't take SS till you are over 66.

SPEND LESS. A LOT LESS. Downsize your life style. You are broke.

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.