Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My first post [32719] had 166 people answering the simple question on how many months rich you are. What I found interesting was the distribution of the results. Roughly similar number of people fit in the different degrees of richness: 41, 33, 26, 30 and 36. I had expected a more 'normal' curve: few people at the ends & the bulk in the middle. I suppose if the low end was made more fine-grained, we would obtain a more normal distribution.

The second post [32882] had only 52 respondents, probably because it seemed more difficult! The contrast between the two distributions is very striking. The lower ends have (relatively) more members, while the ranks of the previously "infinitely rich" people have declined.

My personal rank stayed similar in the two questions: I am on the lowest end on both (poor me)! Although I must say the second method resulted in a lower number of richness. Did this happen to you? Is this why the 2 distributions are so markedly different? I'd like to hear from you.

Thx in advance,
-dr.nonlinear-
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.