No. of Recommendations: 0
"I also went to the Cyclorama. I'm interested in the Civil War, but wasn't all that impressed with that particular museum. Didn't go to the Zoo, and was alot of riffraff in the park."

Been a long time since I've been to Grant Park. It used to be a very pleasant place to hang out and have a picnic. Hate to thing it has changed so. I used to spend a lot of time in Piedmont Park, too, but the last time I was there I didn't think it was kept up to old standards and there was a lot of construction in the area. They were supposedly making a lot of improvements. Might be worth checking if the construction has been completed and the park is back to its old self. (Not a Civil War site, just a fun place to spend the day - a lot of people bicycle and/or roller blade there.) Use to have a great annual arts & crafts festival there - don't know if that still exists.

"Go to the Varsity drive in by Georgia Tech after the game, and get a slaw dog, or a burger."

The Varsity is a place to go for the experience and to find out if you truly have a cast-iron stomach. I didn't. I thought I could handle anything until my one trip there; it left me sick as a dog. Personally, I enjoy the Bridgetown Grill, a Carribean restaurant that is a bit classier than the Varsity (almost anything is), but not too fancy. I've had some very enjoyable meals there and find the atmosphere quite relaxing, but very sociable.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.