Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"I disagree with this statement. For example, let's say that I agree to pay you $1,000 if a coinflip turns up heads if you agree to pay a $900 fee. This would be a foolish "investment" for you to make. Even if you made money, I would consider the decision to make the investment to be wrong. Luck doesn't change a poor decision into a good decision."

There is no way I'd pay $900 to make a measly $100. I bought $4 worth of tickets to the $315 Million Powerball Jackpot. I guess that makes me a risk taker. If I ever hit it, it'll be big. If I don't? People blow money on all kinds of stupid stuff, tobacco, drugs, liquor, cars, boats, fishing, hunting, travel, etc. What difference does it make in the end how one spends their discretionary money? Who am I to judge someone on what they find interesting and fun? It all pans out in the end. As long as I have a warm bed to sleep in and food to eat, I figure I'm doing all right.
- Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.