Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
"I do not want to complain about FEMA"

I don't either but if, indeed, they are stopping people from using their I-phones to document their living conditions, I do have a problem. We don't get news coverage any more, we get Democratic talking points. SO...what we have is the internet. And if OUR government is stopping people from documenting what's going on during a relief effort that is paid for with OUR tax dollars......you bet I have a problem.

I have the same problem with the non-coverage about the Red Cross. Yep, on Tv we see lines for food that will, obviously, take hours. Not one interview with the people standing on line. Not one word about why they haven't put up more food lines to prevent these kinds of outrageous waits, yet every tv program has been begging for money for the Red Cross for "disasters LIKE this one"...which means the Red Cross can use it for whatever they want. Imagine an 80 year old being forced to stand on that line. If we had a Republican in the oval office, the 80 yr old woman's face would be on the front page of every paper around the world. It's sickening. If our govt is stopping people from documenting the treatment they are receiving from our govt and govt endorsed groups, we're close to a very serious problem here in, what used to be, a pretty great country. The media, at one time, actually had some ethics. They were a check on the schnanagans and outrages that often happen with our elected officials who let the office go to their heads. No longer the case. The media has let their power go to their heads and ethics and professionalism are gone. The Internet is our only hope to keep this group even marginally truthful.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.