Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
"I doubt that. Illegal immigration overall has actually been in decline for a long time."

Yet I just linked you to stories that say different.

They don't say that, actually.

"If you actually read one, you will note that they all say "some" may be restarted. Meaning some sections. But there will be no 2000 mile Trump wall across the border, which is what Trump promised he would do - and that Mexico would pay for. Both were lies."

Those aren't what was being built and since the 2018 showdown, nobody expects that. You are holding that up for your strawman example. Restarting what was being done was the topic of those stories.

This story changes depending upon who on the right you ask. The border has had some fencing and walls for many years. Trump's wall, as I described, isn't happening. Not sure how to define exactly what you are talking about, but I'm glad we at least agree on that much.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.