Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 74
"I feel sorry for people who live for message board recs as though he/she were vying for a High School popularity contest. Grow up."

To paraphrase Evita Peron's song, "Don't cry for me in Carolina!"

I do not live for message board recs. I live for my wife, who gives me a long leash to explore other pleasures in life; I live for good food, good wine, fast cars, the sight of bikini clad tanned bodies on sunsplashed tropical beaches, and an occasional toke of pakalolo. I also live for good friends, good times, and, as attested by the deep grooves permanently etched into my face by decades of laughter, I live for humor.

I get as much satisfaction out of making someone else laugh as I get out of my own laughter. When sitting around with a circle of friends the feedback from a joke is instantaneous, but on this message board recs take the place of auditory and visual feedback, and I enjoy seeing them pile up because people many miles away are laughing at my stuff. If in your view that equates a High School popularity contest, then so be it. As far as growing up is concerned, there are two reasons why I don't want to do it. One is the old adage: if you grow up--you grow old; and two, my wife tells me if I ever grow up she'll leave me, and it would take years find another fine broad like her.

~aj
Print the post  

Announcements

HURL Rules
Relax, laugh and Enjoy Foolishly
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.