Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"I find that aches and pains do tend to get in the way of work and fun - but mostly with respect to my knees. The knees in turn causeme to forget everything I ever learned about lifting - which in turn strains the back. Which in turn causes me to remember most of what I learned about lifting - which then acts on the knees. I think that is what folks refer to as the "circle of life". - Howie
----------------------------------------

When I got painful arthritis and my backs and hips gave out on me in my mid 40's is when my mortality really hit home to me. Before that I never gave it much thought and it was always something distant and far off. I realized just how fragile I was and I started thinking about dying. That was also about the time I learned about the internet and we got a computer and I started reading stories about near death experiences, death bed visions, and the holographic universe theory. I found it comforting and it gave me hope.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.