Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
"I grew up in the 1970s during the baby bust, and I remember my parents telling stories from their childhood of kids gathering after school for pick-up football and baseball games and weekends where once chores where done they ran wild and free outside until dusk."
----------------------------------------

That's exactly how myself and everybody I knew as a kid grew up. In the Summer months, clearly
remember being told by my parents to get outside and play, and they did not want to hear
about how there was nothing to do, as they would put me to work around the house if I couldn't
find anything to do. So pickup baseball, football, basketball, bike riding, fort building,
tree house building, and basically exploring every inch of the neighborhood were the activities
most all of the kids I grew up with did. Back home for lunch and dinner, back outside
till the streetlights came on.

I guess that all might be considered parental neglect nowadays, but it taught a lot of kids
how to get along with each other, develop street smarts, and be pretty happy entertaining
themselves.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.