Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I have been limping around all day because I turned the wrong way when I got out of bed this morning and did something crazy with my knee. I did manage to stoically stumble around and make coffee, feed the cats, fix food, take some things to the trash and take a bath. Other than that I have been babying my knee all day sitting or lying down. I'll do the same for the next couple days. Have plenty to entertain myself including Hallmark Christmas and Thanksgiving movies with happy endings that make you cry, the complete Season 2 of Downton Abbey and the books I'm reading right now--Telegraph Ave. by Michael Chabon, and a collection of old Rolling Stones interviews, Not Fade Away; a Backstage Pass to 20 Years of Rock and roll by Ben Fong Torres." - catmeyoo

Sorry about your knee. I can empathize. I was at MIL's for dinner today and afterwards I was just minding my own business sitting on the couch and all of a sudden I got this sharp pain in my right hip and back and afterwards I just couldn't get comfortable. What's that all about?

Right now I'm reading Dr. Jeffrey Long's (M.D. Radiation Oncologist) book Evidence of the Afterlife: The Science of Near Death Experiences. It's pretty good; I plan on keeping it. Most of the books I decide to keep are written by either M.D.s or PhD's.

I usually like to finish one book before I start another. Otherwise I'll never finish them. I can be rather obsessive compulsive that way.

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.