Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 13
"I know there's a lot of revisionist history now going on, but one thing is certain -- he is no longer a threat to the free world, and the people of Iraq are free,"

This is classic white house BS. Bush of course didn't write this. He is not smart enough. The "revisionist history" that is going on is the White House trying to spin backwards all the statements about WMD that the White House made to the American people, Congress and the UN since September 02. By having Bush parrot the idea that others are engaged in "revisionist history" they are trying to twist the the controversy back on someone else's door step. The White House even claims that somehow, you would have to be an idiot to buy it, that this line of reasoning somehow answers critics. Like you know, "look I am addressing the issue", "see me address the issue", "those bad guys ( the ones still talking about missing wmds) are using "revisionist history".

When you look at the second part of the statement, it gets even funnier and more bizarre. Well at least it does to a rational person who is not hard wired to believe everything that comes out of the sock puppets mouth.

"he is no longer a threat to the free world" I will leave aside the first questionable assumption that he was a treat to the free world. But the obvious point is, how does Bush know he is not a treat to the free world now. He may have a couple of tractor trailors full of cash at his disposal. At least some people on the scene believe he maybe behind some of the resistance. One thing appears clear, until we find him, if he ever was a threat, he still may very well be one now. So the first part of that statement is pure BS. Like I suppose Bin Ladin is no longer a threat because we can't find him.

The second part is even funnier. "the Iraqi people are free"; what a pants load. We are occupying their country and depriving them of due process everyday and killing many of them on a regular basis. How many Iraqis would you care to guess would answer in the affirmative that they are free?

And you don't see any of this as a form of lying? You sure you are not hard of hearing and don't have a radio program?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.