Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I remember a game of pickup football on a neighbor's yard. We always played on that yard because the adjacent house had their driveway on the left side of the lot, and this house had it on the right side, so there was effectively a double front yard lot to play on. Anyway, there was a tackle, a pileup, and a sharp CRACK! Kid on the bottom had a broken arm. My mom was a nurse, so she splinted it, kid went home, and game went on. No one got sued."
-----------------------------

from your previous post, I'm 2 years older than you, grew up and a lifelong resident of Michigan,
although I live a few hours away from my childhood home.

As 11 year olds, me and a couple of my best buddies would climb an observation tower that was
always up during high school football season, it was used by the local HS coaches to film and
get a birdseye view of the game. During one non-game-day escapade up it, my friend was about 15-20 feet up it when he slipped and fell off of it, luckily just breaking his arm. Lol, he was
dazed and confused, and I remember being pretty scared, but we just walked about 4 blocks to his parents house, no ambulance, no police report, and they took him to the hospital from there. Other than getting bawled out by his parents, and then my parents for reckless behavior, there were absolutely no repurcussions, nobody got sued, cops weren't called, HS wasn't forced to dismantle the tower.

Different times, for sure, lol. Beat the heck out of growing up in a virtual or augmented
reality world.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.