Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"I understand how you could feel that way, it's certainly not unreasonable. But for many of us that were confident the shares were undervalued and bought aggressively around the $3 range despite being under water on our earlier purchases, YONG has been a very profitable investment." Mekong22

As I said earlier I got similar type profits in other stocks without the angst of dealing with constant threat of blow-up due to many different type issues....the risk was extremely high in this stock.....always has been....Even though, the situation worked out for some the odds were high that everyone could have walked away with zero. Chinese companies do not have to treat US investors with any type of kindness. The company had the possibility of being stolen right out from US investors interest with little recourse for US investors doing anything about it......now it looks like all Chinese stocks might collapse until China and the US come to some sort of agreement that better protects US investors. Starrob

"Even if YONG wasn't heading toward going private, and if any chinese stocks do get delisted (still a big if), I would argue it would still be unlikely that shareholders wind up losing all or most of their investment in legitimate US listed chinese companies." Mekong22

It was also said that the US would never make the decision to go against the auditors too and yet that possibility still happened. I maintain that if the US stocks had got de-listed, that very little could be done if Chinese investors simply "stole" the company, in which case the investment for US investors would go to zero.....the odds of that to me seem quite high......just as I said earlier the odds that the US would go this route against the Chinese auditors was much higher than cheerleaders of YONG on this board suggested with their many "expert articles....I estimated the odds to be 50-50 coin flip.

Just as I estimate the odds of many Chinese companies going to zero upon delisting as a 50-50 coin flip. Even if many of the stocks did not go to zero.....many stocks would be impacted enough to make the investment for many unprofitable or barely break-even.

No Thanks.....I have stocks with much less risk where I could make the same or better returns over time. I know that because I have already significantly out-performed most of these Chinese small cap stocks including YONG.

Starrob
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.