Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"I understood the question. I think the concept that you are having trouble with is that much of the hotheaded talk that flies on these individual stock boards is about short-term price fluctuations, not long term hard numbers on the company. If S2 does really well, the price may go up more than if it does OK, not because it means anything concrete or immediate, but because it influences peoples attitudes and perceptions, which influences their willingness to buy or sell the stock for perhaps not-so-rational reasons. Lots of short-term investor types, people who think they are long-termers but lack patience, and people who just plain wildly extrapolate into the future on the basis of small pieces of information populate these boards. Ascribing to and understanding the official Fool philosophy is not a requirement of board membership."

What I am trying to ask is if you know what the deal is with Sony? Does Marvel get a fixed amount? Or, does it vary based upon how well S2 does? Do you know?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.