Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"I used to be a Athiest but I had to quit because I had nothing to say during good sex...I mean what was I going to say..'Oh, Random Chance... Oh, Random Chance'??"

That is the joke in a slighly better way to give people a better idea of what he was getting at. It is a deep joke..If you heard him tell it then you probably get the surface part of the joke immediately....but he has many hidden meanings in there....that is among the first things I learned about the radical Robert Anton Wilson.

Another thing Robert Anton Wilson used to say in which people did not know wwhether he was joking or if he was serious was that he was a member of the Discordian Society http://discordiansociety.org/

He used to tell everyone during his speeches that he was a member of the Discordian Society and that the first thing they do when becoming a member of the Discordian Society is to make you a Pope with a congregation of one and that your first act as a Pope is to ex-communicate all the other Popes.

I really thought about that...It is very deep when you think about it and I am not sure so much if it is a joke or hinting at many elements of the truth.

For more on Discordianism read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

Now many will look at this a something really stupid as I once did but a lot of the silliness is a mis-direction. There is a deep philosophy behind the whole thing and this is a organization or disorganization quite popular with Atheist and those that have had a falling out with any or all of the major world religions.

I have studied a lot of different religions in the world but I won't discuss religion much more than that because it tends to inflame people's feelings....even more so than stocks do.

If people come on and make hostile comments on this thread...I will quickly stop responding because one thing I learned about religion is that when you threaten people's idea of the after-life, they can become quite hostile...more so than politics...more so than just discussing stocks. You can look to the whole Middle East as a example for this.

As for my religion or views on it....well..I will always leave a element of doubt about what I really believe....many times it is hard to tell whether I really believe something or I am just commenting on it.

I leave with a quote from the Principia Discordia:

If you want in on the Discordian Society
then declare yourself what you wish
do what you like
and tell us about it
or
if you prefer
don't.

There are no rules anywhere.
The Goddess Prevails.

—Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00032

Is it a joke or isn't it? I will let you decide.....

Rob S
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.