Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
"I want to know what regulations and how you think they affected healthcare or interfered with the free market."

Easily looked up.

Show me. Or are you FOS?

"And it leads me to believe that 91% were without insurance as a function of the free market at that point in time."

Health Insurance was in its infancy back then. From a medicine standpoint, we are talking about the dark ages.

Medical care was already becoming too expensive for the uninsured in the 1920s as a result of medical advances. That is why Blue Cross was founded in the late 20s. But that did not stop the uninsured from going without care. The market did not take care of them.

You are ignorant to think otherwise. And you are a fool to think that private insurance, left to its own devices, would provide affordable coverage to the poor or continue to cover those who become sick. These people were forced out all the time, even with regulations that were specifically written to try and limit an insurance company's ability to do so.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.