No. of Recommendations: 2
"I'm particularly interested in finding out if it's worth booking the ship's shore excursions (which I see as a big money-maker for the cruise line) vs. self-guided touring in each locale."

The thing to keep in mind when booking shore excursions is that if you book through the ship and you're late, they'll make sure you get on the ship. If you have not booked through the ship and you're late... well.... too bad for you!!! :-)

This factor is (obviously) more or less important depending on what kind of tour you are booking. Local, around the town--not so important, but outside, taking a bus or boat somewhere--I'd consider paying the extra to the ship folks.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,
AB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.