Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I was not real sure where to put this post, but I liked the opening paragraph to this article. I got this article because I signed up for articles about CBI, but the part that interested me was not about CBI.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/109097-a-back-of-the-envelop...

"Back in the old days, we used to look at individual companies, sectors, analyze industry data points, do comparative valuation analysis, read earnings reports with great interest, etc etc. Those were good times. Now, we wait every day for 3 PM, play a bunch of ETFs for a 1 hour trade, and then try to predict what ETFs would be best suited for the next 2-48 hours based on charts. That's "investing" today."

Maybe its just jealousy speaking, but I really am tired of hearing the technical people describing when they buy and sell their ETFs. I just do not think that is investing.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.