No. of Recommendations: 3
"It was stuff that I was a part of as a teenager that I’m not proud of today, and I mean that’s the long and short of it.” - Beto O'Rourke
----------------------------------

When I was a teenager I daydreamed about skin diving, spearfishing, hunting & fishing, camping out on an island up at Lake Lanier up above Atlanta, Georgia, and taking trips to Florida to fish and skin dive and spearfish. When I turned 16 years old I got a job at Burger King in Chamblee, GA, and when I was in 11th grade I finally started dating. I was the Biology Lab Assistant for Mr. Ponder my 10th grade Biology teacher which meant I could wander around the school without a hall pass.

I started working at Burger King in 10th grade, and in 12th grade also got a job at Briarcliff Village Theater. I also took advanced Biology in 11th grade with Mrs. Thornton. Her husband was in Medical School at Emory University. We had a student Teacher from Emory University (Miss Massey) and she told me she thought I knew more about Biology than she did. If it was anything about cutting up or taking animals apart I was all over that. Miss Massey was really cute and one day she gave me a ride home from school. I had all kinds of thoughts going through my mind about that. <grin>

I was a huge Petula Clark fan in high school, listened to Neil Diamond sing Solitary Man, and also listened to Ed Ames and Simon and Garfunkel. I was a weird kid but I still like to hunt and fish and cut up animals and eat them. Let's just say "I know how to skin the rabbit."

Art
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.