No. of Recommendations: 1
"It's called ignorance of history and being selectively critical of things others have done without realizing your own theological forefathers did the same thing. Fun huh?" - Josh
---------------

???? You haven't been listening. I'm the NDE, Death bed Vision, holographic universe guy. As far as I know none of my "theological forefathers" are guilty of roasting anyone alive. - Art

Well, my "theological forefathers", if by that is meant ancestors, were Swiss Mennonites who never roasted anybody and who were persecuted by both the Catholics and the Protestants back in the 16th and 17th centuries, for such "heresies" as believing in adult baptism. One such ancestor, about 14 generations back, was Adam Näf, who fought in the Battle of Kappel in 1531 -- basically a religious war -- and was awarded a house for his efforts. The house was named "Näfenhaus" and still stands today in the village of Kappel am Albis, Switzerland, where it is now a museum run by the Näf Family Foundation.

My Mennonite ancestors fled Switzerland for Germany due to religious persecution, found they had the same problems there, and then fled to America (Pennsylvania Dutch Country) in the early 1700s.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.