Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 23
Somebody please tell me our president did not just say that and think it was a profound message.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
He was just using the First Amendment. Mrs Beaman wants to copyright the saying. He was just being free.

wx
No. of Recommendations: 8
Somebody please tell me our president did not just say that and think it was a profound message.

Yep, he said it again and gave that grin indicating he wants you to think he fully understands and is in full command of the situation.

What's with the continued reference to "winning" the war on terrorism? What endpoints is he looking for to know we've "won?"

W

No. of Recommendations: 2
What endpoints is he looking for to know we've "won?"

There aren't any. It will never be over as long as there is evil.

wx
No. of Recommendations: 9
At least it kept him from saying "nuc-you-ler" again.

-chris
No. of Recommendations: 3
<<There aren't any. It will never be over as long as there is evil.>>

So we should just cut to the chase and nuke the whole world.

-chris
No. of Recommendations: 4

All this time, while everyone else was worried about 'terror', Bush was waging a war on 'Tera'. I think he may have finally got her.

Her last post is just part of the cover up.

v
No. of Recommendations: 8
<<What's with the continued reference to "winning" the war on terrorism? What endpoints is he looking for to know we've "won?">>

There aren't any. It will never be over as long as there is evil.

wx

Thanks for clearing that up for me - now can somebody tell Bush's speech writers so he'll stop saying it when the world is listening?

W

No. of Recommendations: 7
What's with the continued reference to "winning" the war on terrorism? What endpoints is he looking for to know we've "won?"

His re-"election."

SLL
His re-"election."

SLL

Kinda reminds me of an old joke about an American diplomat meeting with one of those old fashioned Oriental potentates. It seems that while the diplomat is talking with the king, all kinds of scantily clad women are walking through the room. Trying to keep his mind on the diplomatic task at hand, the diplomat asks, "When's the last time you had an election?" To this the king replies, "Just befo' bleakfast."

Wada
No. of Recommendations: 22
What endpoints is he looking for to know we've "won?"

Thats the beauty of a war on terrorism. There is no end point. Slowly chip away at our rights, bulk up defense spending to pay back his campaign supporters, plunge us into deficit with trickle down economics, and make us more powerful than we are today even though we are already the most powerful nation in the world capable of bringing any third world country to its knees without putting a single soldier on the ground.

Welcome to the police state and Bushinski's Amerika - the Amerika that the Republicans told us for eight years Clinton would create - Bush is building it and we're following him like blind, dumb, cattle.

Mooo! Mooo!
No. of Recommendations: 7

Just as profound as "I feel your pain"

Every Enron exec and board member successfully transferred to equivalent position at Lockheed or General Dynamics where they can develop a very advanced trading scheme for futures on geopolitics derivatives.
<Just as profound as "I feel your pain">

at least that was an original line. Bush has to appropriate the words of others--real heroes, more than "Mr. I've been to war" will ever be--to advance his own political purposes

TST
(I don't like the Neil Young song either)
No. of Recommendations: 0

It must be deep since Neil Selloutmothercuffer Young put it in a song.

Hey all you sound clip gurus, is there an archive with Jodie Foster from Nell saying "evildoer"?

"Let's roll".

Look, they're both one syllable words. That's about the extent of W's vocabulary.
Bush is building it and we're following him

To quote Simbob quoting Tonto, "What do you mean we, Kemosabe?"
Hey all you sound clip gurus, is there an archive with Jodie Foster from Nell saying "evildoer"?

Evadure! Evadure!

BK
Evadure! Evadure!

BK

That's the one. Everytime I see Bush..."evadure! evadure!"

If he ever mentions trees and wind in the same sentences I will seriously leave the country.

Now I get it. Bush is singing the song from that TV Western "Rawhide" in his head.

"Rollin, rollin, rollin
Keep those doggies rollin
Rollin, rollin, rollin
RAWHIDE!
In every kind of weather
Keep them dogs together
sumpin, sumpin, sumpin
RAWHIDE!

And in another place in his brain, while he sings this song, he's replaying the 'Cat herding' commercial they've feature during the supper bowl.

Nah. For W, a profound message is one containing a two-syllable word. Like "It's your money".

Bob

Ever notice how he leaves out letters in some contractions? Like "doesn't", which he pronounces "duh - int". Makes it closer to one syllable that way.

Bob
No. of Recommendations: 4
Ever notice how he leaves out letters in some contractions? Like "doesn't", which he pronounces "duh - int". Makes it closer to one syllable that way

Supposedly he thinks his Tixuss acksent makes him sound more like a Man of the People, which his Daddy wuzunt, and which supposedly contributed to Daddy's 1992 Electoral Demise. Daddy just wasn't 'connected'....in the common sense, that is.

'W' ain't no Bush. He's stupider'n that. He even does two syllable sentences. !

Jimbo
Of course, 'Bite me' comes to mind.
See, not so dumb after all.

Jimbo

...Up yours ?

...##### you !

Hey !......'Let's roll'.

......Oh for a National Audience.

Wait, wait ! I have one !
Supposedly he thinks his Tixuss acksent makes him sound more like a Man of the People, which his Daddy wuzunt, and which supposedly contributed to Daddy's 1992 Electoral Demise. Daddy just wasn't 'connected'....in the common sense, that is.

I know it's a technical detail, but shouldn't that read "wuh - int"?

Bob
No. of Recommendations: 3
Per gayner

-Now I get it. Bush is singing the song from that TV Western "Rawhide" in his head.
"Rollin, rollin, rollin
Keep those doggies rollin
Rollin, rollin, rollin
RAWHIDE!
In every kind of weather
Keep them dogs together
sumpin, sumpin, sumpin

Hey thought you might like the real lyrics. Ok now everyone sing along.

Rawhide Theme Song Lyrics:
Keep movin', movin', movin' ..... Though they're disapprovin' ..... Keep them dogies movin', Rawhide ..... Don't try to understand 'em ..... Just rope 'em, throw and brand 'em ..... Soon we'll be livin' high and wide ..... My heart's calculatin' ..... My true love will be waitin' ..... Be waitin' at the end of my ride.
Move 'em on, head 'em up, head 'em up, move 'em on, move 'em on, head 'em up, Rawhide ..... Head 'em out, ride 'em in, ride 'em in, let 'em out, cut 'em out, ride 'em in, Rawhide!
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin' ..... Though the streams are swollen ..... Keep them dogies rollin', Rawhide ..... Through rain and wind and weather ..... Hell bent for leather ..... Wishin' my gal was by my side ..... All the things I'm missin' ..... Good vittles, love and kissin' ..... Are waiting at the end of my ride.
Move 'em on, head 'em up, head 'em up, move 'em on, move 'em on, head 'em up, Rawhide ..... Head 'em out, ride 'em in, ride 'em in, let 'em out, cut 'em out, ride 'em in, Rawhide! Rawhide!

regards,
Jurbi
ps Do you all think that "dogies" could be a code word for "the press"
If he ever mentions trees and wind in the same sentences I will seriously leave the country.

How about:-

"makin' looooooooooooooooooooove"?

"Nell" is without a doubt the funniest film of all time. The only thing that could possibly be funnier is footage of Foster methoding up for the role.
Move 'em on, head 'em up, head 'em up, move 'em on, move 'em on, head 'em up, Rawhide ..... Head 'em out, ride 'em in, ride 'em in, let 'em out, cut 'em out, ride 'em in, Rawhide!

Ahh such wonderful memories. I can see Belushi cracking that whip now as beer bottles crash against the chicken wire.

Bob
Thanks for the cover Jurbi. Sometimes us 'halfwits' get half-a-thought, and need all the help we can get.

Might not just be the 'press' that's included in the concept of 'dogies'.
No. of Recommendations: 18
Yep, he said it again and gave that grin indicating he wants you to think he fully understands and is in full command of the situation.

To paraphrase what Douglas Adams said in one of his Hitchhiker books, "he smiled in a way that made you want to hit him with a brick, and this time, Zaphod hit him."

Dubya reminds me of that line a LOT.

Moonglade