Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder", coined by conservative talk show host Michael Savage

In 2009, Savage was banned from entering the UK as he is "considered to be engaging in unacceptable behavior by seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred which might lead to inter-community violence". During his radio broadcast on that same day, Savage declared that he would sue Smith (Home Secretary) personally for defamation, calling her a "lunatic".

During a subsequent NPR talk show, Savage said that he has never advocated violence and repeatedly invoked the United States Constitution's First Amendment. After host Neal Conan pointed out that the U.S. Constitution does not apply to the United Kingdom, Savage replied, "No. Thank God I'm an American. But for this lunatic ... to link me up with Nazi skinheads who are killing people in Russia ... to put me in league with Hamas murderers who killed Jews on buses, is astonishing". Savage also called on his listeners to support him by canceling travel and business in Britain as well as by boycotting British-made goods, commenting, "If they want to play hardball, we'll play hardball." When a caller challenged Savage about his talk show rhetoric, Savage called him a "foaming lunatic ... someone in pajamas in a mental asylum ... You're nobody and I'm not going to talk to you!"

Seems like a run of the mill sane individual to me, a forerunner of Alex Jones, and Donny Doofus. I really like his invocation of the "cancel culture" . He is in good company on the no go list which at times has included Marta Stewart, Edward Snowden, Mike Tyson, Louis Farrakhan, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Shirley Phelps-Roper father Fred Phelps (Westboro Baptists),L Ron Hubbard, Snoop Dogg along with some high profile terrorists. I think Martha and Snoop hooked up in the airport hooker lounge, it explains the friendship. Fortunately Savage is still on the list
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.