Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"LOL! Your ignorance shows. I am a retired nuclear engineering manager with over 35 years of experience..."

So, everyone on this board is ignorant to the point of making you LOL if they don't know you and the details or your 35-year career? Seriously? I don't have the expectation or desire for that kind of personal detail.

"And cyber security is an issue at nuclear power plants and nuclear fuel cycle facilities even if Pete dismisses everything negative about nuclear power. I guess you never heard of Stuxnet."

Well, again I have to point out that hyperbole is not required every time someone tries to avoid having a thread steered to the perils of nuclear power. So now poor Pete dismisses EVERYTHING negative and I have never sadly heard of Stuxnet. Unfortunate for us all.

I am honestly sorry to hear that you had to spend 35 years in an industry against which you bear such ill-will. I can only image the suffering that you and those around you bore in the last few years. I can assure you, however, that trolling message boards bashing nuclear won't atone for your perceived nuclear sins. You might, however, get some goodwill from appearing as a whistle-blower at a Congressional hearing or perhaps on 60 Minutes. Maybe you could look into getting a job in alternative energy. I don't know what kind of engineering you were in (maybe another reason for you to LOL at my ignorance) but I do see many opportunities for civil engineers to do layout and foundation designs for wind installations worldwide. Maybe some kind of megawatt-renewable-for-megawatt-nuclear project completion atonement would work out for you. The hours required to do engineering for a wind installation are very low compared to nuclear, so you would have a good chance of catching up within your lifetime. I guess something about the repurcussions of a windmill blowing in a farmer's field in North Dakota over compared to a nuclear reactor blowing over outside of Los Angeles lead to a differential permitting threshold. To be clear, I am not arguing that point.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.