Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Looks good. What are the retuns?

MZ4 "

Hey there MZ4....a fellow BMW fanatic! :) I'm the chairman for the Los Angeles Chapter of BMWCCA. I have a BMW M3 (E36) '99 :)

Anyway to answer your question, Fidelity's website tracks from the beginning of the current year (which is the inception of my 401(k) til the previous day's closing returns) and here's what they say!

Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2007 to 02/28/2007 is -4.1% *

* These numbers do not reflect potential nightly account activity currently in process.

Now before "Black Monday" my funds where in the company stock fund and a low-low-risk bond fund. Well guess when I made the trades to FID?

Friday night! So the trades weren't processed til Monday close of the bell at NYSE. That's this past "BLACK MONDAY". Talk about "timing is everything". Like walking into a hurricane. But because I diversified, the hit was small, and also because I just started my 401(k) a small impact.

Gio
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.