Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
"looks like the Cingular honchos haven't heard about Sonera's GPRS system:"

Hi Steve,
You may be right, but somehow I doubt it. Its more likely that they think the glitches in Sonera's GPRS system are temporary and the result of trying to rush it out too fast. Which of course is one of the things that Tero was saying in the article that you linked.

I don't want to be too contentious here, but I am always amazed at how the QCOM faithful are always quick to believe that most of the major telecoms of the world are both uninformed and downright stupid.

I believe these multinational corporations all have large competent engineering departments, and they are all run by executives who are trying to make money for their shareholders. Isn't it at least possible that they have good business reasons for choosing the GSM/GPRS/UMTS path instead of Qualcomm's CDMA and CDMA2000?

O.T. You were smart to get out of ADAP when you did. I don't know if you are still following them, but today they preannounced reduced revenues for the quarter and even worse disclosed that there will be a delay in a $13 million order from Fuzion at the same time they are announceing that ADAP's $15 million capital investment in Fuzion is delayed. In other words it sounds like Fuzion was buying ADAP products using money from ADAP. Ugly at best. I was just lucky. I kept thinking that I would buy some shares when they started to recover. It never happened so I never got caught.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.