Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Must be very thick fish to still be tender after 60 mintues! I bake fish at 350 for 15-30 minutes (15 for sole or flounder, 30 for thick cod, in between for blue fish, for example). Just till it barely flakes. Sometimes as long as 40 minutes if wrapped in parchment or foil with other ingredients, but even then usually 30 for say salmon filet--40 for salmon steak). "

I pretty much do the same for cod, tilapia, flounder and trout - but I have about 1/4" of lemon
juice with butter on the fish. The fish is always fall-apart tender. I sometimes have trouble
serving the fish from the pan to the plate as it tends to fall apart.

Howie52
But round here dinner waits until DW's eye-drops, nasal sprays and evening pills are taken.
I generally forget my pills until after I sat down and have eaten at least half the meal.
Overcooking is my specialty. Drop the oven temperature or shut it off but leave the food to
stay warm.

Then of course, dinner time is prime telemarketer calling time.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.