Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Not that I disagree with the basic premise that its shareholders are limited to a back seat. This company exists to benefit only those whose last name is "Tyson." But it has always been a proactive company--proactively absorbing its competition is strategically savvy steps."

Absorbing it's competetion is fine. However, it has imporved the bottom line exactly how?

They crank technology to keep abreast with competition. That is fine, they have the cash to outspend their mistakes as long as there is no need to make money.

Anyone in this field is searching for margin. Say 'free range' - this move earlier rather than later could have paid a nice dividend on a minor investment, in a buisness they are part of, in an industry where 'shelf space' makes kings. Supermarket penetration under their brand I disagree that would have been a distraction. Just as I disagree that prepared meals would have been or is a distraction. This is a company in need of innovation and a budget that should afford it, it should not be a follower into high margin activities, but a leader into them IMO.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.