Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Nova Scotia Minister Of Environment and Climate Change Timothy Halman toured the platform now selling it’s energy at 50 cents a kilowatt hour, an incentive for others to invest."

Is that a competitive price in Nova Scotia?

DB2

In a word 'NO' but improving the technology should eventually bring down the cost. Previous ... dare I say experiments were mostly anchored on the bottom and were ripped to shreds very quickly. Besides the newer design works with both inflow and outflow. Fundy is a rather unique quirk of nature but tidal elsewhere may also provide benefits? The quantity that gets the extra money is still small. I'm pretty sure my power bill will be increasing as we are also paying for Hydro power from Newfoundland delivered by undersea cables. I actually bought shares in our (Nova Scotia) privately owned power company. It pays a generous 4.37% dividend. I might as well get some of my power bill back? In truth we use very little electricity as heat and hot water are Nat gas and building power is included in our condo fees shared with 49 other units.

People also ask
How much does electricity cost per kWh in Nova Scotia?

Each utility was weighted equally. The average residential cost of electricity in Nova Scotia is $0.171 per kWh, or $171 per month, assuming an average monthly usage of 1,000 kWh. This is up from $0.150 per kWh, or $150 per month in 2020.
Electricity Prices in Canada (Updated 2021)

www.energyhub.org/electricity-prices/

Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

This is a Politics Free Board
Politically charged posts are not permitted on the Metar Board. If you make a political post, and it is alerted, the post will be removed. Thanks!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.