Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"Perception vs. reality. Short term ups and downs in price aren't necessarily based on facts about the companies prospects or correlated with the actual amount of money they are making - this sort of hubbub is kind of like a mixture between high-drama gossip and a political opinion poll. If you bought the company with the intention of holding it for a long time, and based the decision on something more than a few weeks worth of data, the uproar is about nothing. Whether the film does well is definitely an important thing to consider, but unless you expect it tank and cause Marvel to do a Krispy Kreme dive, I don't think it's anything to get too bent about."

Hi,

I'm not sure you understood my question. But, on the chance that I didn't phrase it correctly, let me restate it this way:

First of all, I am in for the long term and have been so for about a year. I also recently bought more. Anyway, I just don't undestand why message boards are loaded with so much excitement about S2 if the "deal" with Sony has already been struck and Marvel's take is already basically known, which is my understanding. From reading the posts, one could easily gather that Marvel's earnings are DIRECTLY correlated to the success or failure of S2 and, again, that contradicts my understanding. So, I was just looking for some illumination on the issue, that's all.

Thanks, AW
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.