Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Personally I do not see how you can divorce the first two parts from the third"

Personally, your opinion doesn't matter.

The Supreme Court has ruled on the issue and private gun ownership is covered under the Second Amendment.

End of discussion.

- -----

"Take a page out of the TSA handbook and stretch that underused little grey cells and you may come up with something like "TSA pre-approved". You know the little ID card that lets you skip most of the lines and get on the plane."

Yeah, for what, $100 and filling out a simple form, you get to skip the line. Do they do a pysch test - ha ha - no. Do they check if you're a drug user? nope - no way to do that.

In another couple months, I won't even have to take off my shoes - I'm at that age going through TSA checks.....but I haven't been on an airplane in likely five years - maybe 10 now.....too much hassle and I'd rather drive.

All that little green card means you're a frequent flyer - and you pay $$$ for the privilege of skipping the line. So?

And of course, with 300 million guns already out there, growing at 1 million or more a year...... 'new' guns are the least of the problems for you to worry about.

You're more likely to be mowed down by a drunk or drug-high driver...... or stabbed by a drug crazy robber ...... or mugged and severely injured by having someone clobber you from the rear with a blackjack. I'd worry about that a lot more.

30,000 plus died in car accidents last year - half caused by drunk drivers. I haven't seen you on the bandwagon to lock up drunk drivers for years to get them off the road, have I? taken away their cars? Nope. Put all sorts of interlocks on their cars? Maybe even given them annual tests to see if they are still boozing it up? You know, 'addiction tests - pysch tests'. Hmmm...just think we could save TENS OF THOUSANDS of lives and there is no constitutional protection for 'drunk or impaired drivers'.

Why do you focus on a few deaths a year instead of the TENS OF THOUSANDS? Curious minds want to know!

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.