Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
"priced in" in retail is art rather than science, esp. for marginally profitable concepts. i will note 0.4x EV/sales used to be reserved for stressed retailers, not for a semi legit brand like ANF. Several non-profitable/much more flaky apparel retailers are now trading at higher multiples, and the only difference is positive SSS.

As for no turn in FY '16, he might be right, but who really knows. only thing i do know is this stock will have a 4 handle if/when they post positive SSS.

my worry is new mgmt will come in and kitchen sink everything and rebase price points, which is still pretty lofty at 60%+ gross margin. or one could view it as plenty of fat to cut. anyone who's been to the HQ knows it probably isn't that hard to cut some cost.

if HOTT can be taken out at 0.8x EV/sales, RUE at over 1x, one can always dream, right?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.