Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
"reorganization fee of $38 was charged on each account,"

This is another junk fee that is unique to TD Ameritrade. They have done that to me and to some small accounts i manage for my posterity. Schwab doesn't do this nickel and diming crap and neither does Merrill Edge. TD also charges for trades over the counter while Schwab doesn't. I was prepared to dump TD altogether until the merger was announced. But still, TD hasn't lost its inclination to chisel clients. They also charge for trades over the counter. None of the other brokers do that.

Good news is this: Call them and complain about the $38 dollar fee. Who ever answers the phone is authorized to remove the charge. I assume they usually get away with it but capitulate to any complaint.

This propensity to cheat their clients is one reasons i never considered buying AMTD. Very dishonorable IMO.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.